Here are some good practices that I find useful to bring into daily life, as they have helped me stay engaged with the world and try to make it better while also feel at peace (even with strong or unpleasant emotions or feelings) in the core of my being, most of the time... :)

Friday, September 25, 2020

Dance with Darkness

 Darkness used to scare me...

It was a setting that housed my worst fears...
It was daunting...
My body tensed
My mind ran wild

Then one day, I decided to face these fears, and befriend the darkness (and all that it encompasses), 
Asking myself what is the worst that can happen?
So I invite my fears like an esteemed guest,
I waited... my body relaxed 

And I see... 
The side of darkness that I have never known...
I am awestruck...

 By the galaxies 
By the potential
By the vastness

P.S. The irony is that when I get familiar (and comfortable) with unknowns, it is not as powerful or daunting as it seems to be (when I was running away from it)...
And I also realised that only when it is dark can we see the brilliance of the stars and the galaxies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tapping into the Wisdom of our body through Yoga, Somatic Movement Education and Embodiment

My Journey Yoga has provided respite for me and healed my back injury. In 2009, I was diagnosed with disc degenerative disease. In 2015, aft...